Friday, August 27, 2010

Closing Ceremonies

So its been approximately one million years since I've posted anything...blame school.  I was kinda sad that I actually had to do classwork these past two weeks; I keep forgetting thats the real reason I'm here...but with midterms just around the corner it was time to do some studying.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago Thursday (August 26) Brett and I decided that it would be cool to go see the closing ceremonies of the first ever Youth Olympic Games that took place here in Singapore.  We took the bus to the marina bay area near downtown.  The stage that the big event was held on actually floats, making it able to be moved anywhere around the bay!  It was a true engineering marvel :)  When we got there we received (along with everyone else you see) a big bag full of random things that symbolized either the Games or Singapore.  There was a Singapore flag, an Olympic flag, an awesome hat, washable tattoos, a muffin (it was delicious), a bottle of water and other things that I am currently forgetting...but it was a nice surprise!  I couldn't believe that the thousands of people there got all of this stuff.  Pretty crazy.  The actual ceremony consisted of a short concert by I-don't-know-who (that means I'm not sure who they were, not an actual band name), some dances, the legit Olympic removing of the flag, fireworks and more dancing!  It was pretty neat; now I can say that I went to the first-ever Youth Olympic Games.  Check out some more pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment